Scholarships & Financial Aid

The College of Education provides both academic and funding support for its graduate students. Funding options can include tuition awards, scholarships and federal aid.

Education Tuition Award

The Education Tuition Award provides financial support to qualified, full-time graduate students. You must submit a complete application for admission by the deadline and be admitted into a graduate program to be considered for these awards. Funding offers might include a tuition award and an offer of graduate student employment.

College of Education Scholarships

A limited number of College of Education scholarships are available each academic year for newly accepted and currently enrolled students. They are awarded by invitation and are based on academic merit and financial need. Filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) puts you in the running for these awards; if you are deemed eligible, you will be invited to apply. Learn more about College of Education scholarships

The Roy B. Hackman Student Research and Scholarship Fund gives awards to graduate students in Psychological Studies who demonstrate both academic achievement and financial need.

Awarded to a graduate assistant, the Marlene S. Korn Humanitarian Award Fund goes to a student who is judged to have made the greatest humanitarian contribution in the areas of teaching, scholarship and service.

The Dr. William M. Polishook Tribute Fund scholarships target graduate students planning careers as professional educators and helps them to attend professional conferences.

Graduate School Scholarships

The Phi Delta Gamma Scholarship Fund award goes to a graduate student who demonstrates outstanding scholarship and evidence of community service.

Federal Financial Aid

Federal Stafford Loans

Applying for Federal Stafford Loans requires completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). At Temple University, unsubsidized Stafford Loans are available to full-time graduate students up to a maximum amount of $20,500 annually.

Federal Work Study

Eligibility for the Federal Work-Study Program is based on the applicant’s need as determined by the information on the applicant's FAFSA. In addition, students must be enrolled at least half-time and maintain satisfactory academic progress. Students are paid biweekly for hours worked. Learn aid, scholarship and work study options at Student Financial Services, as well as aid information specific to graduate students.

Aid for International Students

Learn more about specific information on financial aid for international students, including loan programs, scholarships and a list of organizations that provide financial aid.