Film and Media Arts students have access to a wide variety of production and postproduction facilities, primarily located in Annenberg Hall. Video editing stations are also available in Temple’s TECH Center. Production and postproduction facilities include seven audio studios, online resources for film and video software, and three television studios, as well as
- the Digital Cinema Lab, which has film and video postproduction services, including Blu-ray and DVD duplication, digital cinema (4K) camera reservations, in-house telecine transfers, and more;
- the Equipment Office, which lends state-of-the-art film and video field gear as well as equipment manuals; and
- the Post-Production Lab, which has audio and video editing, media transfer capabilities to various formats, and two separate editing rooms.
The Equipment Office houses the most up-to-date and top-of-the-line production equipment, offering student filmmakers a wide array of film cameras with stock capabilities including 16mm, super 16mm and 35mm.
Equipment available for student use includes the following.
- Arri Amira with 4444 License
- Red Epic and Red Scarlet (4k and raw)
- Sony fs7, fs5, a7S
- Panasonic GH5/Documentary supports and audio systems
- Pro 360 Cameras and Alienware post-production computing
- Oculus & Vive VR Systems
- Professional lighting, gaffing, Steadicam and moving camera supports
The Equipment Office also offers the use of dollies, drones, jibs, lighting equipment, microphones, mounts and more.
Students who use equipment outside of the Film and Media Arts Department can also receive assistance in gaining General Liability and Property Insurance through Temple University’s Office of Risk Management and Insurance.