Requirements for the Degree
Summary of Requirements
- University requirements:
- New students are required to complete the General Education (GenEd) curriculum.
- All students must take a minimum of two writing-intensive courses. The specific writing-intensive courses required for this major are PR 1496 and PR 3096.
- Lew Klein College of Media and Communication requirements, including KLN 1001.
- Minimum of 48 credits in Public Relations courses and CSI 1111 or CSI 1911.
- A grade of C or higher must be attained in all required Public Relations courses and CSI 1111 or CSI 1911.
- An overall GPA of 2.0 must be attained in the major.
- No more than 12 semester hours of transfer credits may be applied to Public Relations major requirements.
- No more than 8 credits may be taken in Kinesiology and Dance activities courses.
Public Relations Requirements
|1000-Level Core Requirements|
|CSI 1111||Introduction to Public Speaking||3|
|or CSI 1911||Honors Introduction to Public Speaking|
|PR 1101||PRactical Grammar for Public Communications||3|
|PR 1112||Communicating Leadership||3|
|PR 1496||News Writing and Media Relations||3|
|PR 1552||Introduction to Public Relations||3|
|2000-Level Core Requirements|
|PR 2551||Research Methods||3|
|PR 2662||Leading Groups and Team Building||3|
|PR 2701||Public Relations Theory||3|
|3000-Level Core Requirements|
|PR 3096||Public Relations Writing||3|
|PR 3101||Digital Media, Social Media, Audience Analytics for Public Relations||3|
|PR 3201||Law and Ethics in Public Relations||3|
|PR 3202||Diversity and Public Relations||3|
|PR 3301||Industry Essentials for Public Relations||2|
|PR 3302||Crisis Communication||3|
|PR 3587||Public Relations Field Experience||1 to 3|
|4000-Level Core Requirements|
|PR 4102||Public Relations Portfolio||3|
|PR 4501||Public Relations Capstone||3|
|Total Credit Hours||48-50|