How to Apply
Apply using the Common Application. Learn more below about how to apply as a first-year, transfer or international applicant.
Fee: $55 (Fee waivers are available for freshmen who qualify.)
- Recommendations: Have one letter of recommendation.
- Standardized Test Scores: Submit official scores (SAT or ACT) or follow the Temple Option.
- Transcripts: Submit your academic transcripts.
Email the School of Theater, Film and Media Arts at TFMA@temple.edu.
The only undergraduate program in the School of Theater, Film and Media Arts that requires an audition is our BFA in Musical Theater.
The Acting Concentration is only available starting junior year. There is no audition for incoming first-year students. There is a preferred curriculum for acting-focused students to build up to their Acting Concentration audition that will come at the end of their sophomore year.
High School Seniors
Are you in the fall of your high school senior year? Learn how to apply as a first-year applicant.
Use our Transfer Equivalency Tool to see which credits transfer.
Do you attend a community college? See if students from your school automatically receive conditional admission to Temple University.
Learn more about how to apply as a transfer student.
You are an international student if you hold or will need to obtain a nonimmigrant visa, including a student (F-1) or an exchange visitor (J-1) visa.
- Application start: Aug. 1, 2023
- Application end (fall early admission): Nov. 1, 2023
- Application end (fall freshman): Feb. 1, 2024
- Application end (fall transfer): June 1, 2024
- Application end (spring): Nov. 1, 2023