Basic Pharmaceutical Development Graduate Certificate
Form a deeper understanding of the pharmaceutical industry with the Graduate Certificate in Basic Pharmaceutical Development in Temple’s School of Pharmacy. The 12-credit hour, pre-master’s Basic Pharmaceutical Development Graduate Certificate is specifically tailored for professionals with business backgrounds and those without science backgrounds. Coursework focuses on industry economics, laws, marketing, manufacturing, regulatory agencies and terminology for students interested in entering or advancing careers in pharmaceutics or healthcare.
Offered through the School of Pharmacy’s Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance (RAQA) graduate program, you’ll gain the knowledge necessary to meet your professional goals and objectives. You’ll also take four required courses on a part-time basis, with four years to complete the certificate. Become familiar with drug discovery and manufacturing topics with classes that cover
- the drug development process, including how a drug is designed and brought to the marketplace—from discovery in labs to approval from the Food and Drug Administration; and
- pharmaceutical marketing, including marketing goals and techniques leveraged in healthcare industries and what impacts key marketing decisions, including compliance, cost effectiveness, drug efficacy and safety, and treatment outcomes.
You’ll be able to choose from multiple elective course options that review business practices and concepts involved in food and drug law, pharmacoeconomics, and product advertising and labeling. Students who complete the certificate requirements have the option to apply credits toward the Master of Science in Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance.
Classes & Curriculum
The Basic Pharmaceutical Development Graduate Certificate is only available as a pre-master’s certificate. The program is part time, with classes held at night and on the weekends to accommodate your professional schedule. All classes take place at Temple’s Fort Washington location, which is only 20 miles from Temple’s Main Campus.
You’ll take two core classes and two electives. The core classes are
- Drug Development and
- Pharmaceutical Marketing.
The electives offered include
- IND/NDA Submissions,
- Project Management, and
- Requirements for Product Labeling and Advertising.
If you choose to pursue the MS in RAQA, you can apply some of your credits toward the MS. Students may only complete one pre-master’s certificate before entering the MS in RAQA program.
Related Graduate Degrees
- Global Clinical and Pharmacovigilance MS
- Pharmaceutical and Regulatory Sciences MS [ed. note: link to come]
- Pharmaceutical Sciences MS
- Pharmaceutical Sciences PhD
- Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance MS
Related Graduate Certificates
- Advanced Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance
- Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing and Regulatory Affairs
- Biosimilars and Generic Drugs
- Clinical Trial Management
- Drug Development
- Food Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance
- Global Pharmacovigilance: Benefit-Risk Management
- Good Manufacturing Practicess for the 21st Century
- Medical Device
- Pharmaceutical Labeling, Advertising and Promotions
- Sterile Process Manufacturing
The Basic Pharmaceutical Development Graduate Certificate is ideal for those who are currently working in or seeking careers such as
- brand management,
- healthcare sales,
- marketing research,
- medical communications and marketing,
- pharmaceutical sales,
- product development, and
- project management.