Clinical Trial Management Pre-Master’s Graduate Certificate
Understand how pharmaceutical clinical trials are designed, implemented and regulated with the Pre-Master’s Graduate Certificate in Clinical Trial Management in Temple’s School of Pharmacy. This 15 credit-hour graduate certificate trains pharmaceutical and healthcare professionals on all aspects of clinical trial research for new drugs, including clinical protocols, data audits, and patient treatment and safety. Offered part time through the School of Pharmacy’s Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance (RAQA) graduate program, the coursework focuses on professional development, giving you the opportunity to advance your career while continuing to work full time.
You’ll form a deeper knowledge of the bioethics of clinical research, protection of human research subjects and roles of key personnel in clinical trials. The coursework emphasizes
- the design and development of protocols;
- Institutional Review Board responsibilities;
- study management; and
- volunteer informed consent.
Students who earn the Clinical Trial Management Pre-Master’s Graduate Certificate have the option to apply some of their credits toward the Master of Science in in Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance.
Classes & Curriculum
All Clinical Trial Management Graduate Certificate coursework takes place in person at Temple’s Fort Washington location, just 20 miles from the university’s Main Campus.
You’ll have four years to complete five required courses in the pre-master’s certificate program. Some of the required courses include
- Bioethics for Pharmaceutical Professionals,
- Clinical Trial Management,
- Drug Development and
- Good Clinical Practices.
Related Graduate Degrees
- Global Clinical and Pharmacovigilance MS
- Pharmaceutical and Regulatory Sciences MS [ed. note: link to come]
- Pharmaceutical Sciences/Medicinal Chemistry MS
- Pharmaceutical Sciences/Medicinal Chemistry PhD
- Pharmaceutical Sciences/Pharmaceutics MS
- Pharmaceutical Sciences/Pharmaceutics PhD
- Pharmaceutical Sciences/Pharmacodynamics MS
- Pharmaceutical Sciences/Pharmacodynamics PhD
- Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance MS
Related Graduate Certificates
- Advanced Regulatory Affairs/Quality Assurance
- Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing and Regulatory Affairs
- Biosimilars and Generic Drugs
- Drug Development
- Food Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance
- Global Pharmacovigilance Benefit-Risk Assessment
- Good Manufacturing Processes for the 21st Century
- Medical Devices
- Pharmaceutical Labeling, Advertising and Promotions
- Sterile Process Manufacturing
The Clinical Trial Management Pre-Master’s Graduate Certificate is ideal for those who are currently seeking or working in professional careers including
- clinical development manager,
- clinical research monitor,
- clinical research scientist,
- clinical trial management system manager,
- clinical quality assurance auditor,
- clinical safety analyst,
- data manager,
- medical writer,
- patient recruiter,
- research nurse and
- regulatory affairs specialist.