Medical Device Certificate
Gain specialized training in the medical device field and learn domestic and global regulations with the pre-master’s Medical Device Certificate in Temple’s School of Pharmacy. Regulatory affairs professionals, from either the medical device or pharmaceutical industries, can stregthen their knowledge by studying the differences and similarities in medical device and pharmaceutical regulations.
Increasingly, medical device and pharmaceutical companies develop combination products that contain both a device and a drug component, including antibiotic bone cement, drug-coated stents and refilled drug delivery devices. Companies also market diagnostic and medical devices through device divisions or subsidiaries, such as in-vitro diagnostic instruments and regiments, magnetic resonance imaging [MRI] systems, and surgical sponge.
In this five-course program, you’ll learn hands-on applications of regulations and quality practices. You can earn the Medical Device Certificate on a full- or part-time basis.
Classes & Curriculum
In this 15-credit hour certificate, you will choose one elective and take four required courses, including
- Food and Drug Law;
- Global Medical Device Regulation;
- Regulation of Medical Devices: Compliance; and
- Regulation of Medical Devices: Submissions.
Learn more about Medical Device Certificate courses. (WHAT SHOULD I LINK THIS TO?)
Related Graduate Degrees
- Global Clinical and Pharmacovigilance MS
- Pharmaceutical and Regulatory Sciences MS [ed. note: link to come]
- Pharmaceutical Science MS
- Pharmaceutical Science PhD
- Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance MS
Related Graduate Certificates
- Advanced Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance Certificate
- Basic Pharmaceutical Development Certificate
- Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing and Regulatory Affairs (Biotechnology) Certificate
- Biosimilars and Generic Drugs Certificate
- Clinical Trial Management Certificate
- Food Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance Certificate
- Global Pharmacovigilance: Benefit-Risk Assessment Certificate
- Good Manufacturing Practices for the 21st Century Certificate
- Labeling, Advertising, and Promotions Certificate
- Sterile Process Manufacturing Certificate