Global Tourism Certificate (Graduate)
Turn your passion for travel into a career with the Graduate Certificate in Global Tourism in Temple University’s School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management. This nine-credit, fully online graduate certificate program can be completed in as few as three months. It is tailored for those looking to further their experience or begin new careers in areas such as international tourism, tourism or lodging management, and tourism marketing management, among many others.
The thriving $1.6 trillion tourism industry continues to evolve and grow, and the Global Tourism Graduate Certificate coursework emphasizes and capitalizes on this growth, covering the latest industry trends. Through the curriculum, you’ll investigate
- cross-cultural interaction among employees of the travel and tourism industry, as well as international guests;
- how consumers make decisions related to travel and tourism;
- tourism governance, planning and policy;
- the various social theories of tourist experiences; and more.
Courses include live online sessions that integrate faculty and peer engagement with project-based learning activities. Credits earned in this certificate program count toward the Master of Science in Travel and Tourism.
Classes & Curriculum
The program’s core required courses are
- Cultural Intelligence,
- Tourism Economics and Policy, and
- Understanding Tourism in the 21st Century.
The Global Tourism Graduate Certificate helps students remain competitive in the industry and prepares them for advanced graduate studies. Students who earn this certificate have the tools they need to pursue careers in the global tourism industry, including the following areas.
- Casino, convention center, hotel and resort operations
- Customer service
- Destination marketing
- Event management and planning
- Tourism and travel consulting
- Tourism operations