Master of Science in Travel and Tourism
Advance your career opportunities in one of the largest global industries with the Master of Science in Travel and Tourism in Temple University’s School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management. This integrative master’s degree program is designed for those wishing to pursue a career in the travel and tourism industry, or for current industry professionals seeking to expand their expertise. Investigate how the travel and tourism industry boosts an entire community’s economy, as well as how to lead in this experience-driven field.
The travel and hospitality industries are rapidly growing, reaching nearly $1.6 trillion in global bookings in 2017. Through the Travel and Tourism MS program’s industry-backed curriculum, you’ll graduate with
- an in-depth knowledge of the size, scope and function of the national and international travel industry;
- the ability to understand, assess and respond to its challenges;
- hands-on professional experience and valuable industry networking opportunities;
- professional development and preparedness for career advancement; and
- techniques focused on reaching, providing for and entertaining tourists.
This flexible graduate degree program can be completed on a part- or full-time basis to meet your professional and personal needs. Additionally, the curriculum is delivered completely online, with a mix of sessions with the instructor, small team collaborations and independent work to provide valuable, real-world experience.
Students are encouraged to complete one course at a time over a five-week period, equating to three courses per semester. The full-time option is designed to be completed in 13 months. The program can also be completed part time, at a pace that is suitable for your personal schedule, allowing up to four years for completion.
The program's online delivery requires a virtual meeting in the evening one night a week, enabling collaboration among faculty and students.