Global Health Certificate
In the Graduate Certificate in Global Health at Temple’s College of Public Health, students develop the core skills and theoretical foundations they need to address public health issues that are prevalent in a majority of the world, including access to basic preventive care; emergency disaster relief; maternal and child healthcare; and water, sanitation and hygiene.
This academic certificate is open to all students who are currently completing graduate degrees in the College of Public Health. Courses in the Global Health certificate program provide a global health perspective on your existing area of graduate study and provide a foundation for international careers in public health or health services.
What sets apart our Global Health Certificate?
- Open international career prospects: Gain global health experience in your area of expertise, and strengthen your ability to work in an international setting.
- Gain real-world experience on a global scale: You may choose to count international fieldwork or a study-abroad experience as one of your electives, which will give you the opportunity to both earn academic credit and improve your professional networking in global or international health.
- Learn from our renowned faculty: Our faculty are experts in environmental toxicology; global health program development; water, sanitation and hygiene; and more.
This program can be taken as a supplement a full graduate degree in the College of Public Health. It cannot be taken independently. The Global Health certificate is 12 credits, including a public health core course, one of two seminars in international or global health and two elective courses. You may apply international fieldwork or a study-abroad experience to one of your elective course requirements, which will help you find professional placements in global or international health.
Related Graduate Degrees in the College of Public Health
- MPH in Social and Behavioral Sciences
- MPH in Health Policy and Management
- MPH in Epidemiology
- MPH in Environmental Health
- MPH in Applied Biostatistics
- MS in Epidemiology
- PhD in Epidemiology
- PhD in Social and Behavioral Health Sciences
- PhD in Health Policy
The College of Public Health offers extensive, personalized advising to students in each department. If you have questions about the Global Health certificate program, contact the program advisor.
Senior Graduate Advisor