College of Science and Technology Scholarships
There are more than 20 scholarships available for College of Science and Technology full-time undergraduate students in all degree programs. Eligibility is limited to rising sophomores, juniors and seniors. These scholarships include the following opportunities.
- The Chachkin-Kean Fund for Undergraduate Research provides financial support for students who participate in the College of Science and Technology’s Undergraduate Research Program, assisting with faculty research in the student’s major field of study.
- The College of Science and Technology Alumni Endowed Scholarship was established in 2014 by the college’s Alumni Board to recognize students who demonstrate academic excellence.
- The Jules J. Sheldon, DDS, Endowed Scholarship was established in 2010 by a bequest from Jules J. Sheldon to provide scholarships for students enrolled in the College of Science and Technology.
- The Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation Award for Academic Achievement is awarded to a student who has demonstrated academic excellence within the Alliance for Minority Participation program.
- The Robert and Rita Cook Science Scholars supports exceptional incoming College of Science and Technology students with paid summer research and academic and professional development.
- The Seda Tarzian Scholarship, established in 2006 by Seda Tarzian, supports academically talented students majoring in the sciences, with preference given to those who experience socioeconomic or educational disadvantages.
Earth and Environmental Science Scholarships & Awards
Scholarships available to undergraduate students in Earth and Environmental Science programs include the following opportunities.
- The Abraham and Ruth Clearfield Scholarship is awarded to full-time undergraduates majoring in physical sciences with an exemplary academic performance. Preference is given to graduates of South Philadelphia High School.
- The Florence R. Berg Endowed Scholarship provides scholarships for students enrolled in the College of Science and Technology who are conducting summer research.
- The Helen Leshock Molnar and Jeffrey G. Molnar, CST ’76, Award was established in 2008 by Jessie L. Smith to support an outstanding graduating senior who majored in either Chemistry or Geology, with preference given to female students. The award recipient determined by CST and the Department of Earth and Environmental Science.
- The Jules J. Sheldon DDS Endowed Scholarship was established in 2010 to provide scholarships for students enrolled in the College of Science and Technology.
Merit Scholarship Summer Educational Enhancement
The College of Science and Technology encourages students with merit scholarship eligibility to apply for summer research opportunities across all majors. You can gain real-world experience and contribute to cutting-edge research alongside faculty.
This program provides you with a summer stipend so you can participate in ongoing research projects. The stipend covers 300 hours of research throughout the summer.
Follow these steps to apply for financial aid. Learn how your status as a transfer or international student affects your financial aid options and application process. Also read about your educational grant and loan options.