Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics
Learn to link financial outcomes with profit-driven decisions with the Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics in Temple’s Fox School of Business. In this 12-credit graduate certificate you will learn to transform data into decisions through a focus on explanation, interpretation and knowledge of practical approaches to data analytics. The customizable curriculum allows you to enhance your technical skills in the areas that interest you and tailor the program to your career needs and goals.
Intended for professionals who want to learn more about business analytics, increase their earning potential, or to supplement their skills with technical and quantitative expertise, the Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics offers
- face-to-face classroom sessions;
- hands-on opportunities through real-world data exploration; and
- quantitative preparation in advance of pursuing a master’s program.
This certificate is designed to foster deep analytical skills and the ability to use analysis of big data to make effective business decisions. Graduates of the program will be prepared to
- effectively communicate insights and results of analyses in managerially relevant terms;
- obtain information and insight from datasets of varying complexity;
- understand the applications, assumptions and limitations of business-analytic models and techniques;
- use descriptive, predictive and prescriptive analytics, recognize when each is appropriate and understand the fundamental methods and techniques behind each; and
- utilize and apply various analytical tools and software.
Classes & Curriculum
Core courses you will take as part of the four-course Graduate Certificate in Business Analytics program include
- Quantitative Methods for Business, and
- Visualization: The Art of Numbers and the Psychology of Persuasion.