Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies
The Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies in the Lew Klein College of Media and Communication at Temple University offers students a unique, interdisciplinary opportunity to study communication. In our Communication Studies degree program, students gain an in-depth understanding of the ever-changing world of communication, while simultaneously focusing on skills that support their personal academic and career interests. Some of the communication skills obtained through this degree program include
- communicating through multimedia;
- communication policies and regulations;
- managing client relationships; and
- relationships between communication and the public.
Through our degree program’s cross-cultural curriculum, students learn practices and theories of communication through the lens of different departments within the college. And with the flexibility of our program, students will be able to explore the different roles communication plays in a variety of industries—from entrepreneurship and social movements to technology and advocacy. You also have the opportunity to make an impact and get directly involved with the program through promoting, recruiting and leading the Communication Studies major—creating a one-of-a-kind educational experience.
What sets apart our Bachelor of Arts in Communication Studies?
- A flexible, student-oriented program: Not only does our program allow students to learn from multiple areas in Klein College, they also have access to various field experiences, internships and study away opportunities. From heavy involvement with our student-athletes, to strong connections to one of the largest Pride celebrations in North America, to the ability to thrive and fully complete the program at our Japan campus—the goal of the Communication Studies program is for you to get the most out of your education.
- Award-winning national honors society: Our program’s chapter of Lambda Pi Eta, the official student honors society, has been named 2020 Chapter of the Year. Established in 2012, our ongoing efforts and creative initiatives have allowed our chapter to stand out among the more than 500 other chapters around the country. Students in our program’s chapter have often earned full-paid positions by the time they graduate.
- Our renowned faculty: Students get to work directly with the Communication Studies director for the entirety of their time in the program. With the program director, Scott Gratson, they are able to make their program experience as unique as they are. And, due to the interdisciplinary nature of the program, faculty from across the college work with students to access a diverse array of companies, organizations and professionals to get them started in a career in the industry or on the path to an advanced degree.
- Endless post-graduation opportunities: After learning about the diverse roles communication plays in the field from various Klein departments, students will be prepared for a number of careers and graduate programs after they complete their degree.