Graduate Certificate in Public Relations
Learn how to effectively present public images and prepare for a career in a rapidly changing media landscape with the Graduate Certificate in Public Relations in the Lew Klein College of Media and Communication at Temple. This 12-credit certificate program is designed for current public relations professionals to further their expertise in the field, and for students who want to capitalize on growing trends in public relations before entering the industry. Through communication theories and real-world practice, students gain an in-depth understanding of the vital components of public relations—from data and technology to consulting and ethics—to help them excel in the workplace. After completing the Public Relations certificate program, students will be able to
- present campaign ideas to executives through oral and written methods,
- become involved in high-level decision-making as a communication consultant,
- analyze and research how advances in technology are impacting the industry,
- understand the legal and ethical issues of public relations practices through various perspectives, and
- utilize digital tools to analyze key campaign metrics and results.
The Public Relations certificate program is held entirely online, making it ideal for public relations managers, leaders and working professionals. The online format gives students the ability to communicate with instructors and classmates virtually, flexibility in submitting assignments, and easy access to various resources. Courses in this certificate program can count towards the Communication Management MS should you want to pursue a master’s degree. You can also earn these certificates to fulfill additional course requirements in the master’s program.
Classes & Curriculum
Classes for the Graduate Certificate in Public Relations are held entirely online and can be completed synchronously or asynchronously on a part-time basis.
The 12-credit, four-course program is comprised of the following classes.
- Consulting and Consultation in Public Relations
- Data Driven Insights
- Law and Ethics in Public Relations
- Storytelling Through Innovation