Health Professions BS
The Bachelor of Science in Health Professions at Temple’s College of Public Health is designed for students committed to pursuing careers in any of the health professions, including medicine, dentistry, physical therapy, occupational therapy, athletic training and more.
This innovative degree program offers an interdisciplinary education across departments in the College of Public Health, providing students with better preparation for careers in health care and making them more competitive for admission to advanced professional programs in a range of clinical fields.
Courses drawn from several disciplines give students comprehensive exposure to the healthcare field and reinforce the team approach widely used in healthcare today. Core courses provide students with the prerequisites they need for acceptance into professional clinical programs, and electives enable students to tailor their degrees in order to best prepare for their careers. Academic advisors and faculty guide students in these choices.
Temple’s Health Professions BS gives students additional background in areas such as cultural competency, health behaviors and medical terminology.
What Sets Apart our Bachelor of Science in Health Professions?
- A unique program: Our Health Professions BS is the only undergraduate program in the region that is specifically designed to prepare students for professional programs in healthcare.
- An innovative curriculum: You will take core courses from across the College of Public Health—giving you an interdisciplinary education that is invaluable in preparing to work as part of a healthcare team.
- Opportunities to customize your degree: Students can tailor the program around their career goals and select courses that will make them most competitive when applying to professional programs.
Students complete 120 credits, including 35 credits of core courses in the College of Public Health, 34 credits in math and science courses, and 21 credits of elective courses that prepare you for the professional program to which you plan to apply.
Related Graduate Programs
This degree affords you maximum career choice in healthcare. Graduates are prepared to apply to several professional degrees programs.
- Master of Science in Athletic Training (College of Public Health)
- Master of Occupational Therapy (College of Public Health)
- Doctor of Physical Therapy (College of Public Health)
- Doctor of Dental Medicine (Kornberg School of Dentistry)
- Doctor of Medicine (Lewis Katz School of Medicine)
The College of Public Health offers extensive, personalized advising services to students in each department. Our advising staff will work with you to set goals and help you reach your academic potential.
Student Clubs and Organizations
You can engage with peers and find leadership opportunities in student-led clubs and organizations at the College of Public Health. Learn more about student clubs and organizations.
Study Away Opportunities
Become an informed, active global citizen and enrich your education by studying away. Explore Temple’s study abroad opportunities, including information about specific programs and visas, as well as resources on cultural adaptation, diversity matters, and health and safety.