Global Pharmacovigilance/Benefit Risk Management Certificate
Learn how to to provide safety oversight throughout the lifecycle of healthcare products with the pre-master’s Global Pharmacovigilance/Benefit Risk Management Certificate in Temple’s School of Pharmacy. This certificate is beneficial for both experienced professionals within the industry as well as novices seeking to enter the field or relevant careers.
While a company’s goal is to move products through all phases of development in a cost-efficient and timely manner, the obligation to protect public safety remains paramount. Pharmacovigilance focuses on the detection, assessment and prevention of adverse effects associated with the use of healthcare products, including biologics, consumer goods, drugs, devices, human cell and tissue products, in vitro diagnostics, and vaccines.
In this five-course program, you will study the ongoing process of benefit-risk assessment and safety profile review in a domestic and global context. Through this exploration of pharmacovigilance, you will learn the application and interrelationship of key analytical, demographic, regulatory and scientific concepts.
Classes & Curriculum
In this program, you will complete five courses that include
- Clinical Drug Safety and Pharmacovigilance or Post-Marketing Safety Surveillance,
- Good Pharmacovigilance Operations,
- Risk Management and Safety Signaling of Healthcare Products, and
- The Regulatory and Legal Basis of Pharmacovigilance.
Related Graduate Degrees
- Global Clinical and Pharmacovigilance MS
- Pharmaceutical and Regulatory Sciences MS [ed. note: link to come]
- Pharmaceutical Sciences MS
- Pharmaceutical Sciences PhD
- Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance MS
Related Graduate Certificates
- Advanced Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance Certificate
- Basic Pharmaceutical Development Certificate
- Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing and Regulatory Affairs (Biotechnology) Certificate
- Biosimilars and Generic Drugs Certificate
- Clinical Trial Management Certificate
- Food Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance Certificate
- Global Pharmacovigilance: Benefit-Risk Assessment Certificate
- Good Manufacturing Practices for the 21st Century Certificate
- Labeling, Advertising, and Promotions Certificate
- Medical Devices Certificate