Undergraduate Certificate in Film
Explore the fundamentals of filmmaking with the Undergraduate Certificate in Film at Temple’s School of Theater, Film and Media Arts. This 14-credit undergraduate program includes courses in film and video analysis, media arts, and media culture to help expand and inform your interest in filmmaking.
Through the certificate’s curriculum, you’ll have opportunities to
- analyze film and television from varying perspectives;
- better understand the critical role of film and media arts in American culture;
- translate your creative visions into original video and audio projects; and
- write for motion pictures and work from scripts.
If you decide to pursue the Film and Media Arts major, the four courses completed in the certificate program count toward the degree.
Classes & Curriculum
The courses in the Film Certificate program are designed to introduce students to the study and production of film.
The required courses are
- Introduction to Film and Video Analysis,
- Media and Culture,
- Media Arts I, and
- Media Arts II.