Drug Development Certificate
Learn the concepts and practices that facilitate effective and safe drug production with the pre-master’s Drug Development Certificate in Temple’s School of Pharmacy. You’ll have a three-year time limit to complete the four-course program. This is a highly popular certificate, partly due to the fact that three of its courses can be applied to the Master of Science in Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance (RAQA). Once you graduate, you can use the Drug Development Certificate as a stepping-stone toward more advanced study, such as the MS in RAQA, and/or enter a regulatory affairs career in biotechnology, medical device, pharmacy and other related industries.
A flexible program, the certificate provides a great avenue to explore RAQA without having to commit to the full master’s program. Whether new or more seasoned in regulatory affairs and quality assurance, you’ll attain valuable knowledge and skills for the workplace. With courses developed and selected by a group of senior executives from the industry, you’ll study the practices and principles that form the backbone of pharmacy’s clinical trials, discovery, manufacturing and validation processes.
In your courses, you’ll gain a familiarity with the different roles needed for effective and safe pharmaceutical drug design and medical devices. In addition, you’ll learn how the industry achieves and maintains quality practices that are consistent with local, national and global regulatory guidelines. Through this methodical process, you’ll benefit from a strengthened knowledge of the industry’s language and terminology.
Classes & Curriculum
In this 12-credit hour program, your four courses include
- Drug Development,
- Food and Drug Law,
- one good practices course, and
- one RAQA elective.
Related Graduate Degrees
- Global Clinical and Pharmacovigilance MS
- Pharmaceutical and Regulatory Sciences MS [ed. note: link to come]
- Pharmaceutical Sciences MS
- Pharmaceutical Sciences PhD
- Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance MS
Related Graduate Certificates
- Advanced Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance Certificate
- Basic Pharmaceutical Development Certificate
- Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing and Regulatory Affairs (Biotechnology) Certificate
- Biosimilars and Generic Drugs Certificate
- Clinical Trial Management Certificate
- Food Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance Certificate
- Global Pharmacovigilance: Benefit-Risk Assessment Certificate
- Good Manufacturing Practices for the 21st Century Certificate
- Labeling, Advertising, and Promotions Certificate
- Medical Devices Certificate
- Sterile Process Manufacturing Certificate