Sterile Process Manufacturing Graduate Certificate
Learn how to eliminate or minimize microbial contamination of products with the Sterile Process Manufacturing Graduate Certificate in Temple’s School of Pharmacy. The certificate is intended to educate students in the applicable regulations and techniques used in the development and manufacturing of sterile products. By earning the certificate, you can pursue careers in a wide range of regulatory fields, such as biotechnology, food science, medical devices and pharmaceuticals.
Sterile manufacturing is imperative to ensure product safety for consumers. In this four-course certificate, you will explore the routes and types of sterile administration, including compliance and validation specifications as well as design and production requirements of manufacturing facilities. You will also focus on the regulatory and technical aspects of the sterilization processes, including aseptic, filtration, gaseous, radiation and thermal methods.
This certificate can be completed over a three-year period, on a part- or full-time basis.
Classes & Curriculum
In this 12-credit hour program, some of your courses could include
- Microbiological Concepts in Pharmaceutical Manufacturing;
- Production of Sterile Parenterals;
- Sterilization Processes; and
- Vaccines: Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance Issues.
Related Graduate Degrees
- Global Clinical and Pharmacovigilance MS
- Pharmaceutical and Regulatory Sciences MS [ed. note: link to come]
- Pharmaceutical Sciences MS
- Pharmaceutical Sciences PhD
- Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance MS
Related Graduate Certificates
- Advanced Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance Certificate
- Basic Pharmaceutical Development Certificate
- Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing and Regulatory Affairs (Biotechnology) Certificate
- Biosimilars and Generic Drugs Certificate
- Clinical Trial Management Certificate
- Food Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance Certificate
- Global Pharmacovigilance: Benefit-Risk Assessment Certificate
- Good Manufacturing Practices for the 21st Century Certificate
- Labeling, Advertising, and Promotions Certificate
- Medical Devices Certificate