Admissions Requirements 

The Prosthodontics Graduate Certificate program accepts four applicants per academic year. Applicants should have a DDS or DMD degree from an accredited dental school, according to the standards of the American Dental Association Commission on Dental Accreditation (CODA).

Preference is given to applicants with one or more years of clinical practice experience or completion of a General Practice Residency or an Advanced Education in General Dentistry program. Applicants should have advanced degrees in basic science and/or biomedical fields, contributions to scientific publications, and research experience and training.

International Applicants

International applicants must be able to verify that their training is equivalent to an American Dental Association-accredited school by using one of two foreign academic credentialing services.

Because English is the language of instruction at the Kornberg School of Dentistry, proficiency in both verbal and written comprehension and expression of English is a prerequisite for admission. International applicants are required to have TOEFL iBT scores of 100 or higher before applying. The admissions process ensures a fair, unbiased and nondiscriminatory selection of candidates. Temple University’s school code is 2906.

How to Apply

  1. Apply through the American Dental Education Association Postdoctoral Application Support Service (ADEA PASS). You should confirm with PASS that your application has been received, as the organization only forwards completed records to Temple for processing.

  2. Register with the National Matching Service (MATCH) Postdoctoral Dental Matching Program, which pairs applicants with postdoctoral dental education programs.

  3. Submit the supporting materials listed below to Temple University Kornberg School of Dentistry. 

Supporting Materials


For additional admission information, including the status of your application, please contact Theresa White, director of graduate programs for the Kornberg School of Dentistry.

You may also contact the Office of Graduate Education in the Kornberg School of Dentistry.