Internships & Opportunities
Internships are crucial to gaining entry to the film, television and media industries. Acquire hands-on production experience that will deepen your technical abilities and make you a more attractive candidate to potential employers.
You can earn up to six credits while interning locally or in Los Angeles as part of the Los Angeles Study Away Program. The program in Los Angeles provides direct learning insights and professional work experiences in the media and entertainment industries.
Film and Media Arts students may also find opportunities through
- Greater Philadelphia Film Office,
- International House,
- Pennsylvania Film Office,
- Philadelphia Film Society,
- Philadelphia Independent Film & Video Association, and
- Scribe Video Center.
The Film and Media Arts Department holds film festivals for student work, including the
- Diamond Screen Film and Media Arts Festival, which exhibits film productions and other media art from the undergraduates and graduates in the Film and Media Arts program, and
- Derek Freese Youth Media Film Festival, which showcases the work of Mid-Atlantic region filmmakers ages 12 through 18.