Data-driven Decision Making Graduate Certificate
The Data-driven Decision Making Graduate Certificate program in the College of Education provides students with advanced knowledge of how to make strategic decisions guided by data and practical skills to better collect and analyze data. This graduate-level certificate program focuses on critical components of decision-making processes, including types of information to collect, techniques for analysis and translation of findings into intelligent action.
This 12-credit certificate is appropriate for professionals in a wide range of fields—including business, education, government and social service—who use and make decisions informed by data and seek to expand their areas of expertise. Flexible coursework, including the order of course completion, modes of delivery (i.e. onsite, hybrid and fully online) and a culminating paper on a topic of interest make this certification highly customizable to students’ professional interests.
Delivery method (online, in-person or hybrid)
This certificate program offers different ways to earn the certificate, including onsite courses in Philadelphia and/or taking courses online.
Fee: Include a fee of $60 for the online application.
Process: You’ll need to complete an online application to the College of Education.
Complete and submit the following materials.
- Application form: Complete the graduate certificate program application form online; the portal requires you to create an account.
- Letters of Reference: Submit two letters of recommendation from school administrators and/or faculty members who can attest to your academic ability.
- Transcripts: Submit official transcripts from all credit-bearing courses you’ve taken at colleges and universities. These should be sent directly from the original sources in sealed envelopes or can be emailed to email@example.com.
- Statement of Goals: In 500–1000 words, discuss your relevant work or academic experiences, as well as your career goals, and how this certificate can help you meet them.
- Résumé: Include a current résumé.
Additional requirements for international students
- Standardized Test Scores: TOEFL score (international applicants only): minimum 79 iBT or 550 PBT is required. See all international graduate applicant requirements.