Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems
Learn to use technology to solve business problems and create new opportunities with the Bachelor of Business Administration in Management Information Systems in Temple University’s Fox School of Business.
At the intersection of business and technology, management information systems gather, process and manage information in order to enhance and streamline business processes. These systems are responsible for
- payroll processing and accounting systems,
- shopping cart functionality in online retailers, and
- the ability to transfer money with a mobile phone, among other services.
Students pursuing a bachelor’s degree in Management Information Systems will successfully compete in a digital-centric economy in which traditional large corporations, as well as small entrepreneurial firms, continue to increase efficiency within their information technology (IT) operations by adding new, innovative, technologically enhanced capabilities.
Management Information Systems BBA students learn to
- analyze and design innovative digital products and services (e.g., create the social media strategy for a new start-up);
- analyze clients, specify needs, integrate applications and manage projects (e.g., acquire a new customer relationship management system);
- apply IT to automate and improve business processes (e.g., apply analytics to discover new insights);
- initiate and lead technology enabled change (e.g., act as a digital innovation change agent in a large firm); and
- transform a business function with IT (e.g., create mobile apps to reach new customers).
For interested students, the program also serves as a broad introduction to more specialized areas, such as data analysis and database design; programming; and software and hardware development.
Students pursuing the Management Information Systems Major work closely with internationally renowned faculty and benefit from the myriad of industry opportunities that come with attending an urban university, such as access to internships and professional organizations. The IT Advisory Board at Temple’s Institute for Business and Information Technology is comprised of representatives from some of Philadelphia’s largest companies, who serve as mentors and valuable connections.
Management Information Systems students can also take advantage of the Fox IT Career Fair, and Professional Development Program, which is intended to prepare students for future success by providing them with industry experiences, career knowledge, leadership, communication skills and workplace readiness skills.