Master of Science in Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship
Design and deliver pioneering products and services with the Master of Science in Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship in Temple University’s Fox School of Business. Entrepreneurs; junior- to mid-level professionals; graduates from engineering, science and technology degree programs; and more can learn to drive innovation within established or startup organizations. Students use creative problem-solving to overcome the strategic and tactical challenges that accompany visionary change.
Nurture your innovative ideas and grow them to success with the Innovation Management and Entrepreneurship MS. This master’s program teaches you to harness creativity and big-picture thinking to foster organizational growth and usher cutting-edge products and new ideas from conception to marketplace, providing better solutions to new or existing business requirements. Students are positioned for professional success by learning to
- develop a critical eye for recognizing new ventures;
- generate rule-breaking business models;
- identify underserved or uncontested market spaces; and
- rework internal processes to create competitive advantage.
World-class faculty and hands-on projects characterize this degree program. Graduate students benefit from active collaboration with classmates and faculty for an enriched educational experience.
Headquartered at Temple University’s Center City campus, classes for this master’s degree are offered in person, online or through a hybrid of the two. Flexible scheduling allows you to customize your education, with in-person classes available on evenings and weekends. Full-time study typically allows students to complete the master’s degree in one year. Part-time study can be spread out over two years.
Who might be interested?
This program has great value for a wide variety of students, recent graduates and working professionals, including
- entrepreneurs aiming to create high-growth, technology-focused companies or social-impact organizations;
- junior, mid-level and top-tier leadership within companies interested in prioritizing innovation or pursuing new management paradigms;
- design, architecture and art students interested in the business side of creativity; and
- graduates or faculty in science and technology, engineering, medical, dental, or pharmaceutical programs seeking to gain complementary perspectives.
Coursework also prepares students to take the New Product Development Professional certification exam offered by the Product Development Management Association. Additionally, students may pursue certification as a Lean Six Sigma Green Belt from the International Association for Six Sigma Certification. The Green Belt certification demonstrates understanding of the advanced elements of Lean Six Sigma, a methodology designed to improve business success and efficiency.
Innovation and Entrepreneurship Institute
Fox’s Innovation and Entrepreneurship Institute emphasizes integrated, applied and hands-on learning, bringing together alumni, business advisors, entrepreneurs, faculty, staff and students from diverse backgrounds to collaborate on real-time projects and new ventures through classes, conferences and workshops. Learn more about the Innovation and Entrepreneurship Institute.