Nursing faculty conduct research aligned with the department’s mission to promote health among individuals and populations, and advance health equity and quality of life for all. Faculty research is conducted in partnership with various communities, applying diverse methods and focusing on a range of health issues and populations.
Specific areas of expertise include
- childhood adversity;
- disease prevention;
- diversity, equity and inclusion in nursing;
- health inequities;
- sexual and reproductive health;
- social determinants of health;
- trauma and violence; and
- women’s health.
Methodological strengths include
- community-based participatory research,
- geospatial approaches,
- instrument development,
- intervention development and evaluation,
- large dataset analysis,
- multilevel research,
- program and policy evaluation, and
- visual and narrative qualitative approaches.
Learn more about research and scholarship in the Department of Nursing.