Scientific Writing Graduate Certificate
Gain science- and technology-based writing skills with the Scientific Writing Graduate Certificate from Temple’s College of Science and Technology and the Klein College of Media and Communication. Designed to meet the growing needs of both media and scientific communities, this degree will prepare you for careers in biotechnology, communication and public relations, journalism, patent law, pharmacy, public health, publishing and STEM disciplines.
This interdisciplinary program’s main objective is to train you to accurately and concisely convey complex scientific arguments and concepts in an accessible manner for different demographics. Throughout your studies, you will have access to faculty and resources from both the College of Science and Technology and the Klein College of Media and Communication.
The four-course program covers a variety of science writing skills, from technical writing for clinical reports to journalistic writing for media and news outlets. You can earn the certificate in one year, taking two courses per semester.
Classes & Curriculum
In this 13-credit hour certificate program, your courses will include
- Ethics Regulation and Policy in Biotechnology;
- Introduction to Grant Writing;
- Introduction to Scientific and Regulatory Writing; and
- Reporting and Writing I.
Related Graduate Degrees
- Bioinformatics PSM
- Bioinnovation PSM
- Biotechnology PSM
- Cyber Defense and Information Assurance PSM
- Globalization and Development Communication MS *
- Information Science and Technology MS
- Journalism MJ *
- Media and Communication PhD *
- Media Studies and Production MA *
- Pharmaceutical Science MS **
- Pharmaceutical Science PhD **
- Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance MS **
- Scientific Writing PSM
Related Graduate Certificates
- Information Science and Technology Certificate
- Labeling, Advertising, and Promotions Certificate **
- Scientific Writing Certificate
- Strategic Communication and Cross-Culture Leadership Certificate *
*Klein College of Media and Communication
**School of Pharmacy