Pharmaceutical Labeling, Advertising and Promotions Pre-Master’s Graduate Certificate
Become an expert on the regulations that govern all aspects of pharmaceutical packaging and marketing with the Pre-Master’s Graduate Certificate in Pharmaceutical Labeling, Advertising and Promotions in Temple’s School of Pharmacy. This part-time certificate program emphasizes U.S. and global requirements for information included in pharmaceutical package inserts, such as drug product descriptions and dosage information, as well as how these complex requirements extend to advertising and promotions.
You’ll take 15-credit hours of graduate-level coursework tailored to help meet your professional goals, whether you currently work in the healthcare or pharmaceutical industries, or if you seek new opportunities in these industries. You’ll also understand and be prepared to stay abreast of evolving industry issues and regulatory requirements.
The Pharmaceutical Labeling, Advertising and Promotions Graduate Certificate curriculum hones your knowledge of regulations that impact
- food and drug distribution and marketing;
- non-prescription healthcare products and dietary supplements;
- print, television and web advertising; and
- product labeling.
Students who earn the Pharmaceutical Labeling, Advertising and Promotions Pre-Master’s Graduate Certificate can apply their credits toward the Master of Science in in Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance, once they’ve been admitted to the School of Pharmacy’s master’s program.
Classes & Curriculum
All courses for the Pharmaceutical Labeling, Advertising and Promotions Pre-Master’s Graduate Certificate take place at Temple’s Fort Washington location. While some courses are available online, most take place in person at night and on weekends to accommodate your schedule.
The pre-master’s certificate program comprises three required courses and one elective course to meet the 15-credit hour requirement. The required courses are
- Food and Drug Law,
- Regulation of Advertising and Promotions, and
- Requirements for Product Labeling and Advertising.
You’ll choose from multiple elective course options, including
- Advanced Topics in Labeling Development,
- Global Labeling Regulation,
- Regulation of Dietary Supplements, Botanicals and Nutraceuticals, and
- Regulation of Non-Prescription Healthcare Products.
If you choose to pursue the MS in RAQA, you can apply some of your credits toward the MS. Students may only complete one pre-master’s certificate before entering the MS in RAQA program.
Related Graduate Degrees
- Global Clinical and Pharmacovigilance MS
- Pharmaceutical and Regulatory Sciences MS [ed. note: link to come]
- Pharmaceutical Sciences MS
- Pharmaceutical Sciences PhD
- Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance MS
- Scientific Writing PSM (College of Science and Technology)
Related Graduate Certificates
- Advanced Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance
- Biopharmaceutical Manufacturing and Regulatory Affairs
- Biosimilars and Generic Drugs
- Clinical Trial Management
- Drug Development
- Food Regulatory Affairs and Quality Assurance
- Global Pharmacovigilance: Benefit-Risk Management
- Medical Device
- Sterile Process Manufacturing
- Scientific Writing (College of Science and Technology)
The Pharmaceutical Labeling, Advertising and Promotions Graduate Certificate is ideal for those who are currently seeking or working in professional careers including
- clinical supplies project management,
- clinical packaging operations management,
- global labeling management,
- labeling and packaging,
- material operations biotechnology,
- medical writing,
- packaging strategy and
- regulatory affairs.