Bachelor of Science in General Science with Teaching
The Bachelor of Science in General Science with Teaching in Temple’s College of Science and Technology is especially designed for students majoring in natural sciences who want to pursue a career in STEM education. This 124-credit-hour, interdisciplinary degree is offered through Temple’s innovative TUteach program.
General Science with Teaching
As a General Science major, you will
- analyze, evaluate and use scientific literature in your own research.
- build a strong foundation in the traditional disciplines of science.
- develop the ability to discuss and present on scientific issues that impact society.
- gain a thorough understanding of scientific methodology by studying historical and theoretical models as well as experimenting in the lab.
- learn to process and evaluate both theoretical and real-life quantitative data.
- sharpen your skills in scientific inquiry, writing and oral presentation.
During the course of your program, you will have multiple opportunities to practice teaching in Philadelphia School District classrooms. You’ll also be assigned an advisor who will help you to find internship opportunities in education, fulfill curriculum requirements and submit the required documents to become a candidate for the PRAXIS exam.