Diversity Leadership Graduate Certificate
The Diversity Leadership Graduate Certificate provides a broad range of knowledge related to the field of diversity. Become a reflective practitioner who can lead and support formal and informal learning collaborations by diverse groups in both educational settings.
The graduate certificate program moves through a sequence of courses that explores all aspects of diversity in education. Learn how to develop partnerships and create change within an institution, and methods for evaluating diversity initiatives. Prepare to be the facilitator of diverse groups in a variety of settings and help create self-awareness among individuals’ positions and attitudes about diversity. Each course builds on the knowledge of the previous course to develop responsible, ethical leaders able to collaborate in an increasingly diverse world.
This graduate certificate is open to Temple students and employees, as well as outside professionals interested in advancing their knowledge and skills in diversity leadership and facilitation. The program must be completed in two years.
With departmental approval, Temple University permits non-matriculated students to register for up to nine credits of graduate study. Non-matriculated students may register online. For assistance in selecting courses, contact Graduate Academic Advisor Whitney Carroll at firstname.lastname@example.org or 215-204-8011.
Submit the following materials to be considered for admission.
- Application form: Complete the graduate certificate program application form online; the portal requires you to create an account.
- Recommendations: Two letters of recommendation are required. Your recommendations should be from college or university faculty members who can speak to your academic abilities.
- Statement of goals: Write a one to two page statement outlining your interest in the program with a specific focus on your interests, target career and your academic and job-related experiences that are relevant to the program.
- Bachelor’s degree in discipline or related discipline: All applicants must present credentials that are the equivalent of the appropriate baccalaureate degree at Temple University. Official undergraduate and graduate transcripts from all accredited institutions attended are required.
- TOEFL score if needed. This should be at minimum 79 iBT or 550 PBT. Depending on your score, you may need to take an English refresher course as well. See all international graduate applicant requirements.
- A current résumé is required.