1800 N. 15th St. (Entrance is at the corner of 15th and Montgomery streets)
Front desk: 215-204-1263
Policies and Procedures
- Use of facility is at your own risk.
- Prior to climbing, all patrons must check in at the front desk and submit a signed waiver.
- Patrons must carry a valid Temple University identification card at all times.
- Each type of climbing allowed at the climbing wall has its own orientation and assessment.
- The following actions are cause for immediate dismissal from the facility and may result in temporary or permanent loss of privileges.
- Disorderly conduct
- Inappropriate behavior
- Abuse of facility or equipment
- Abuse of staff members
- Disregard for Campus Recreation policies
- Violation of university policies or procedures including, but not limited to, the Student Conduct Code
- Climbers may use personal UIAA- or CE-certified carabiners, belay devices, chalk bags, and harnesses after inspection by qualified attendants. Gear rentals are also available at the front desk.
- Bags must be stored in cubbies. No personal items may be left on the floor.
- Water is allowed in the climbing area. No other food, drinks or gum are allowed on the floor. All drinks must be in sealed, non-glass containers while in the activity area.
- Climbing shoes or sneakers must be worn at all times. No barefoot belaying or belaying in flip-flops. No climbing barefoot, in open-toed sandals, in hiking boots or in hard-soled shoes.
- Socks must be worn with rental shoes.
- Climbers should remove jewelry on hands, loose-fitting necklaces and hoop earrings. Phones, wallets, keys, and other items should be emptied from pockets prior to climbing.
- Over the ear headphones are not allowed while climbing. Only a single, lightweight earbud may be used while on the wall.
- Campus Recreation and Temple University are not responsible for lost or stolen items.
- No swinging or jumping on ropes.
- Do not grab bolt hangers or quickdraws. Bolt hangers are for carabiners only.
- Boulderers may not climb above or below other patrons.
- Climbers may not switch holds. Please inform the climbing wall staff if a hold needs attention.
- Do not climb with open wounds and injuries
- All accidents/injuries or incidents are to be reported to climbing wall staff immediately.
- Unauthorized use of camera/video/audio recording devices is prohibited. Authorization must be in writing via an approved Media Request Form from Campus Recreation.