Professional Science Master’s in High-Performance Computing for Scientific Applications
Learn to blend mathematics and science with the Professional Science Master’s in High-Performance Computing for Scientific Applications in the College of Science and Technology at Temple. This advanced degree program is targeted toward STEM graduates seeking to use high-performance computation as their primary research instrument in engineering, the life sciences and the physical sciences. Upon completion of the program, students are prepared to pursue positions in academia, government labs or industry.
You’ll study the cross-disciplinary techniques of applied mathematics, computational sciences, statistics and other traditional sciences. In classes you’ll explore the
- architecture and mathematical techniques implemented in high-performance computing systems,
- computational methods utilized in engineering and the sciences, and
- software tools used in parallel calculations.
A distinguishing feature of the program is its dual emphasis on the algorithms and technology of high-performance computing in applications used to solve problems in science and engineering. The program prioritizes practice over theory, meaning you’ll gain hands-on experience, applied learning and individually designed projects.
The program can be completed on a part- or full-time schedule, and students have two years to complete the 30-credit hour program.
Classes & Curriculum
You’ll complete a capstone project, three electives and courses in
- high-performance computing,
- math and
- professional career development.
Electives include courses in biology, chemistry, computer information science, math and physics. Some of the elective class options include
- Structural Bioinformatics I;
- Mathematical Modeling for Science, Engineering and Industry;
- Neural Computation;
- Quantum Chemistry; and
- Statistical Mechanics.
Related Graduate Degrees
- Computational Data Science MS
- Computer and Information Science Information PhD
- Computer Science MS
- Cyber Defense and Information Assurance PSM
- Information Science and Technology MS
- Mathematics MS
- Mathematics PhD
- Scientific Writing PSM