Master of Science in Information Technology Auditing and Cyber Security
Develop the skills to identify, assess and control cyber security risks with the Master of Science in Information Technology Auditing and Cyber Security in the Fox School of Business at Temple University. Promote information system security and regulation compliance within organizations, and mitigate risks of breaches to the confidentiality, integrity and availability of organizational information. Prepare to play an indispensable role within
- accounting and consulting firms,
- banks and financial companies,
- computer software and hardware companies,
- government agencies,
- information and data service providers, and
- other organizations within the critical infrastructure sectors.
This master’s degree program provides hands-on coursework delivered by a faculty of industry-level experts. A comprehensive curriculum teaches you to assess and design internal processes that foster information assurance. Learn to assess and assure information system security to position your company to prosper in the global economy, and gain the skills to implement cyber security safeguards that protect your company against threats.
Career opportunities in the fields of information technology auditing and cyber security are rapidly growing, with the Bureau of Labor Statistics estimating a 28 percent increase in related jobs by 2026, amounting to roughly 28,500 new jobs.
Path to Professional Certification
The Information Technology Auditing and Cyber Security MS supports career development by including a capstone course that prepares students for the Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) or Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) one of the following professional certification exams.
- The CISA certification demonstrates experience among information systems control, assurance and security professionals.
- The CISSP certification demonstrates competency around identifying, analyzing and addressing cyber security risks.