Clinical Practice Requirements
- In the Post-BSN Option, graduate students complete 1,000 hours of clinical practice, which includes four semester-long practicum courses.
- In the Post-Masters Option, students complete 500 clinical practice-focused hours, which includes two semester-long practicum courses.
Clinical practice in both options culminates with a 168-hour implementation of the student’s final scholarly project.
The Department of Nursing has cultivated strong partnerships and affiliations with more than 100 clinical sites in the North Philadelphia community and across the Philadelphia region. Some of these clinical sites include
- community outpatient clinics in underserved areas,
- homeless shelters and organizations around Philadelphia,
- nurse-managed clinics,
- primary healthcare settings, and
- private general practice offices.
The DNP faculty carefully match graduate students with clinical experiences to facilitate a good fit. The Nursing Department’s strong partnerships allow students to create meaningful relationships and become partners in the communities in which they conduct clinical practice.