Bachelor of Science in Education in Secondary Education: Social Studies Education
Help high school students develop the global perspectives they need to be good citizens in the 21st century. Earn the BSEd in Secondary Education: Social Studies Education and teach students about the global community and how dynamic geopolitical forces impact communities and cultures around the world.
In the College of Education, you’ll learn to
- address literacy deficiencies without neglecting subject content time;
- apply literacy instructional methods for English language learners;
- create classroom settings that accommodate special education needs; and
- identify special education needs and develop productive interventions.
In addition to your education coursework, you'll choose and complete the major coursework requirements in one of the following areas of specialization within the College of Liberal Arts.
- Geography and Urban Studies
- Political Science
Your education coursework will be enhanced with multiple fieldwork assignments. The program culminates in an academic semester long student teaching experience, during which you will instruct a class at an area high school supported by a cooperating teacher and Temple faculty. Although you'll take courses in the College of Liberal Arts, your degree is awarded by the College of Education.