Office of Student Professional Development
The College of Science and Technology Office of Student Professional Development guides you throughout your time at Temple with information on internship and research opportunities. The college also hosts workshops, prep sessions, networking events and job fairs so you can prepare for the future.
Learn more about the Office of Student Professional Development.
Owl to Owl Mentor Program
The College of Science and Technology’s Owl to Owl Mentor Program pairs alumni with current students so that you can learn more about career opportunities in your area of study. Through one-on-one experiences four times a semester, your Owl to Owl mentor will help you
- build your professional network,
- enhance communication skills,
- gain exposure to career options and
- pick academic courses that complement your career goals.
Learn more about Temple’s Owl to Owl Mentor Program.
The College of Science and Technology job fairs, held each fall and spring semester, are open to undergraduate and master’s-level science and technology majors, as well as alumni of the college. Job fairs typically draw more than 60 employers, including Apex Life Science, Children’s Hospital of Philadelphia, the city of Philadelphia’s Office of Innovation and Technology, Elsevier, Lockheed Martin, and the Wistar Institute.
The job fairs give you opportunities to
- explore potential career paths,
- network with Temple alumni and
- talk to employers in your field of study.
Learn more about the College of Science and Technology job fairs.
University Career Center
You can also visit Temple University's Career Center for support during your job or internship search. Drop in for a short visit or schedule a 30-minute coaching session to discuss components of your professional profile, including your résumé and LinkedIn presence. You’ll have access to
- an assessment of your professional direction,
- interview tips and guidance,
- job postings for students and alumni,
- a listing of job search resources, and
- support for job search strategies.