Summary Of Requirements
- All students must complete Temple University's General Education (GenEd) curriculum.
- All students must take a minimum of two writing-intensive courses at Temple University (including transfer students). The specific writing-intensive courses required for this major are AOD 3396 and URBE 4496.
- Refer to the College Requirements for specific information.
- Students must complete 42 credit hours in the major, including a community internship of 6-12 credits.
- All courses in the major must be passed with a grade of "C-" or better and students must maintain a 2.0 cumulative GPA.
|AOD 1166||Interpersonal Communication through the Life Span||3|
|HDCE 3332||Professional Seminar in Human Development and Community Engagement I||1|
|HDCE 3333||Professional Seminar in Human Development and Community Engagement II||1|
|HDCE 3334||Professional Seminar in Human Development and Community Engagement III||1|
|Choose two of the following:||6|
|Child Development, Birth to Nine|
|Adolescent Development for Educators|
|Adult and Workforce Development|
|EPSY 2325||Statistics for Decision Making||3|
|AOD 3396||Organizational Communication (WI)||3|
|HDCE 2304||Families and the Community||3|
|EDUC 4441||Discourse Practices in Diverse Communities||3|
|HDCE 4305||Curriculum and Training Design||3|
|HDCE 4333||Program Evaluation||3|
|URBE 4496||Understanding Urban Communities (WI)||3|
|HDCE 4187||Practicum in Applied Development||3|
|HDCE 4185||Community Internship and Seminar||6 TO 12|
|Total Credit Hours||42-48|
- Students must choose one of the following concentrations:
- Applied Behavior Analysis
- Community Education
- Human Services
- Non-Profit Management and Social Entrepreneurship
- Students must complete the five courses (15 credits) required for the chosen concentration. See the Academic Plan for details.