College of Liberal Arts Research
Temple University is a community of diverse, curious thinkers who are eager to discover more and create real impact. As a public research institution, Temple equips its students with the tools and opportunities they need to identify their passions, pursue their ideas and create real, sustainable change in the world.
Students in the College of Liberal Arts work collaboratively with each other, faculty and industry experts to tackle some of the world’s most pressing issues and answer some of its biggest questions.
Students in the College of Liberal Arts have access to the following state-of-the-art research centers and institutes.
- The Center for the Humanities at Temple is an interdisciplinary forum for scholarship and intellectual inquiry in the humanities, intended to bridge the disciplinary divide between departments and colleges.
- The Center on Regional Politics provides elected local, state and federal officials, as well as nonprofit and private sector leaders, with a forum to develop policies that improve the quality of life and economic opportunities for residents of Southeastern Pennsylvania. The center develops evidence-based policies that respond to the region’s needs and promote its broad civic and economic interests.
- The Institute for Public Affairs conducts and supports interdisciplinary research to inform and improve public policy in Philadelphia. The institute fosters collaboration and connections among citizens, policymakers, scholars and students to reach its goals.
- One of only three academic survey research centers in the United States, the Institute for Survey Research implements national computer-assisted in-person surveys across a broad range of fields in underserved communities.
- The University Community Collaborative prepares and supports youth and young adults to become confident, effective leaders, and it creates cultures that value and integrate the contributions of youth with the goal of building stronger communities.
In 2016, the National Science Foundation placed Temple University among the top 100 in terms of research expenditures, which amounted to $242 million. Learn more about the university’s research support efforts.