Applicants should have the following in order to be admitted to the program.
- A DDS or DMD degree from an accredited dental school, according to the standards of the American Dental Association (ADA) Commission on Dental Accreditation.
- International applicants must be able to verify that their training is equivalent to an ADA-accredited school by using one of the following foreign academic credentialing services.
Since English is the language of instruction at the Kornberg School of Dentistry, proficiency in both verbal and written comprehension and expression of English is a prerequisite for admission. International applicants are required to have TOEFL iBT scores of 100 or higher before applying. The admissions process ensures a fair, unbiased and nondiscriminatory selection of candidates. Temple University’s school code is 2906.
Applicants who have the following are given preference.
- One or more years of clinical practice experience
- Completion of a General Practice Residency or an Advanced Education in General Dentistry program
- Prior research experience or training, scientific publications, and prior advanced degrees in basic science/biomedical fields
However, recent graduates with strong academic credentials are also encouraged to apply.
How To Apply
Apply through the American Dental Education Association Postdoctoral Application Support Service (ADEA PASS). You should confirm with PASS that your application has been received, as the organization only forwards completed records to Temple for processing.
Email the following supporting materials to email@example.com.