Master of Science in Education in Career and Technical Education
Earn the credentials to achieve leadership positions within the workforce development field by earning the online Master of Science in Education in Career and Technical Education. Gain the expertise to manage curriculum development, a training center or an instructional team. Learn the skills necessary to help students acquire jobs in specific industries. By the end of the Career and Technical Education MSEd, you will earn the Vocational Director certificate and the Vocational Supervisor certificate.
This master’s degree is distributed evenly among core, career and technical education, and elective coursework. The course material pushes you to learn how to
- develop curriculum programs;
- get up to speed with industry trends;
- hone your teaching skills for a variety of occupations;
- manage technical/training center resources; and
- implement current standards in secondary education programs.
The Vocational Supervisor and Vocational Director certificates confer the administrative credentials typically held by program or technical center directors.
- The Vocational Supervisor Certificate is earned after the completion of 15 credits or five courses and prepares you to provide leadership to technical schools.
- The Vocational Director Certificate is earned after the completion of the remaining 15 program credits. It confers credentials in the workforce development field that are equivalent to those of a public school district superintendent.
Classes & Curriculum
This master’s degree consists of 30 credits, or 10 courses, plus a capstone. The capstone comprises an internship course in leadership at a career and technology center.
This degree is completed entirely online and can be pursued full- or part-time.