How to Apply
To apply, submit Temple’s application along with its $60 fee. Depending on your program of study, you may have to submit a video prescreening recording and/or scholarly paper through Acceptd and have an audition, interview and/or presentation.
- Goals Statement: In 500 to 1,000 words, state your career goals and how you believe this degree will help you achieve them. Discuss relevant experience obtained so far.
- Recommendations: Submit two letters of recommendation.
- Résumé: A current professional résumé is required.
- Standardized Test Scores: Music Education PhD applicants are required to submit GRE or MAT scores.
- TOEFL: 100 iBT or 600 PBT minimum. A TOEFL score is required for all applicants who have not completed a bachelor’s and a master’s degree in an English-based curriculum.
- Transcripts: Music applicants must hold a master of music degree (or the equivalent) in the field of specialization from an accredited institution. Submit official undergraduate and graduate transcripts from all accredited institutions you have attended and/or from which you earned credit.