Scholarships & Financial Aid

The College of Education provides both academic and funding support for its graduate students. Funding options might include a tuition award and/or an offer of graduate student employment.

Education Tuition Award

The Education Tuition Award provides financial support to qualified full-time graduate students. You must submit a complete application for admission by the deadline and be admitted into a graduate program to be considered for these awards. Funding offers might include a tuition award or an offer of graduate student employment.

College of Education Scholarships

A limited number of College of Education scholarships are available each academic year for newly accepted or currently enrolled students. They are awarded by invitation and are based on academic merit and financial need. Filing the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA) puts you in the running for these awards. Learn more about College of Education scholarships

Awarded to a graduate assistant, the Marlene S. Korn Humanitarian Award Fund goes to a student who is judged to have made the greatest humanitarian contribution in the areas of teaching, scholarship and service.

The Margaret J. Messinger Scholarship Fund awards undergraduate students in the College of Education and graduate students in Educational or School Psychology who have demonstrated academic achievement and financial need.

The Dr. William M. Polishook Tribute Fund scholarships target graduate students planning careers as professional educators and helps them to attend professional conferences.

Awarded to a recipient of a doctoral degree in Education, the Dr. Rita Wolotkiewicz Phi Delta Kappa Award Fund scholarship recognizes outstanding professional achievement.

Graduate School Scholarships

The Phi Delta Gamma Scholarship Fund award goes to a graduate student who demonstrates outstanding scholarship and evidence of community service.

For the Doctoral Dissertation Completion Grant, departments nominate doctoral students who have completed all requirements for the degree, except the required dissertation, and are advanced to candidacy. The Doctoral Dissertation Completion grant includes a stipend and one credit of tuition remission. The award is for five months.

Research and Teaching Assistantships

Graduate students can apply for assistantships to help fund their degree.

  • Teaching assistants work 20 hours a week to support and supervise classroom instruction and academic activities. You’ll be compensated with a stipend and tuition scholarship.
  • Research assistants work 20 hours a week to support faculty research and receive a stipend and tuition scholarship.

See more information about the assistantships, internships and externships available for graduate students at Temple University.

Health Insurance

Full-time graduate students who are academic interns, graduate externs, research assistants and teaching assistants all earn health insurance benefits. Fellowship recipients receive similar benefits. Learn more about Temple’s health insurance options.

Federal Financial Aid

Federal Stafford Loans

Applying for Federal Stafford Loans requires completion of the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA). At Temple University, unsubsidized Stafford Loans are available to full-time graduate students up to a maximum amount of $20,500 annually.

Federal Work Study

Eligibility for the Federal Work-Study Program is based on the applicant’s need as determined by the information on the applicant's FAFSA. In addition, students must be enrolled at least half-time and maintain satisfactory academic progress. Students are paid bi-weekly for hours worked. Learn aid, scholarship and work study options at Student Financial Services, as well as aid information specific to graduate students.

Aid for International Students

Learn more about specific information on financial aid for international students, including loan programs, scholarships and a list of organizations that provide financial aid.