Students in the Communication for Development and Social Change program are prepared to be activists, advocates, organizers, campaign developers, researchers and leaders for a variety of communities here in Philadelphia and across the world. Graduates of our program have landed internship and career opportunities with a number of organizations, including
- Development Communication Solutions in South Africa,
- G-Town Radio Philadelphia,
- Hebrew Immigrant Aid Society of Pennsylvania,
- Philadelphia City Hall,
- The Reentry Project of Philadelphia and
- Vokaribe Radio in Columbia.
As a graduate of the Communication for Development and Social Change program, you will be prepared to generate public understanding of the challenges facing communities and develop a plan of action. Through a range of dynamic communication campaigns, methods and technologies, you will be able to effectively facilitate change within these communities. Whether you are working in a governmental or nongovernmental institution, you can make an impact through a variety of roles, including
- advocacy director,
- community service manager,
- community development specialist,
- program coordinator or
- project manager.