This degree is offered by the Department of Kinesiology at Temple’s College of Public Health. Faculty research emphases within the department include
- molecular and cellular mechanisms of cardiovascular and muscle adaptation to exercise;
- sport-related concussion and mild traumatic brain injury;
- biomarkers associated with subconcussive cerebrovascular injury;
- shoulder injury, particularly in professional baseball;
- adaptation of tissues to stress and overuse;
- human balance and locomotion;
- neural mechanisms of muscle coordination in human upper extremities; and
- sensorimotor, perceptual and psychological influences on human movement control.
Research labs include the following.