Fieldwork and Internships
The Exercise and Sport Science curriculum includes two required, three-credit internships. With extensive support from faculty and staff, our students take the lead in identifying and pursuing placements, including highly competitive and high-profile internship opportunities.
The Philadelphia region has abundant internship opportunities, and this program has strong connections nationwide, which will help you find placements that match your interests and career goals. Placements may occur at
- local universities and high schools;
- Division I, II or III athletic programs across the country;
- community-based, corporate or government fitness promotion programs;
- cardiac rehabilitation facilities;
- health and fitness facilities; and
- sports analytics internships, where students use metrics to optimize health and performance.
You can find a variety of internship and co-op positions listed on Handshake, the recruitment and career management platform that connects Temple students to over 200,000 employers.