How to Apply
To apply, submit an application along with a fee of $60 to the College of Education.
You will need a bachelor’s degree and in most cases a 3.0 undergraduate/graduate GPA or higher for admission. Alternatively, students may be accepted if they are matriculated in a certification program at Temple University.
- Undergraduates currently matriculated in a Temple teacher certification program are eligible for the certificate program after achieving candidacy with a minimum GPA of 3.25. Please contact your advisor or Dr. Swavely at firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
- Graduate students with good academic standing while enrolled in a teacher certification program are also eligible for the certificate program. Please contact your advisor or Dr. Swavely at email@example.com for more information.
- Transcripts: Submit official undergraduate and graduate transcripts from all accredited institutions you have attended and/or from which you earned credit. Official transcripts can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org or sent to the Office of Enrollment Management address listed above.
- Statement of Goals: Outline your interest in seeking a certificate with a specific focus on the career to which you aspire, your interests, and your academic and job-related experiences that are relevant to the program.
- Recommendations: Submit two letters of reference that provide insight into your academic competence. References from college or university faculty members are recommended. You may request recommendations through your MyTU account or send them using the paper Reference Report for Graduate Study (pdf) to the above mailing address.
- Teaching Certification: Submit a copy of a valid Pennsylvania Teaching Certification.
- Résumé: A current professional résumé is required.