Tourism and Hospitality Management Undergraduate Certificate
Hone your knowledge of accommodations and travel with the Tourism and Hospitality Management Undergraduate Certificate in the School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management at Temple University. This 12-credit undergraduate certificate emphasizes destination-specific knowledge, foundational business principles, and innovative concepts in casino and gaming management, event leadership, food and beverage management, and hospitality operations.
Study how tourism relates to cultural, economic and social trends, and how politics play a significant role in international travel. Through the curriculum, you’ll gain an understanding of
- the global events industry;
- the operation and maintenance of accommodations;
- techniques focused on reaching, providing for and entertaining tourists; and
- tourism destinations in community, global, metropolitan, urban and rural settings.
This certificate program is open to all Temple University undergraduate students.
Classes & Curriculum
The Tourism and Hospitality Management Undergraduate Certificate curriculum comprises four courses. Students complete one required course—Global Issues in Travel—and choose three electives from the following five courses.
- Food and Beverage Management
- Foundations of Event Leadership
- Gaming and Casino Management
- Hospitality Operations
- Tourism Planning and Development