Internships & Opportunities
Temple’s School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management provides students with the tools they need for their future careers. This is accomplished through comprehensive academic programming, and through unique professional development opportunities and real-world experiences, both on campus and beyond.
For School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management students, location is everything. As one of the largest cities in the U.S., Philadelphia is a top destination for tourists, and it is home to key industry organizations and major national sports teams. Students benefit from the School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management’s partnerships with many of these organizations through internship opportunities and professional networking events.
Powered by Visit Philadelphia and the Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau, two dynamic destination marketing organizations, the city welcomed 43 million visitors in 2017 to see and experience its attractions. It is the fourth-largest hospitality employer, with 39 hotel brands in Center City and more than 16,000 hotel rooms that span the city. Visitors and residents enjoy
- a thriving arts and cultural scene, where you’ll find more than 700 Zagat-rated restaurants, the Barnes Foundation and the Philadelphia Museum of Art;
- lively sports and entertainment venues, including The Pennsylvania Convention Center and Sports Complex;
- notable historic landmarks, including the Liberty Bell and Independence Hall; and
- world-class events, such as the Wawa Welcome America festival, Philadelphia Flower Show and Budweiser Made in America Festival.
Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management students also have access to an expansive network of alumni, industry leaders and local organizations including
- Hersha Hotels and Resorts,
- Hyatt Hotels,
- Madison Square Garden,
- Marriott International,
- National Collegiate Athletic Association,
- Philadelphia Convention & Visitors Bureau,
- Philadelphia Eagles,
- Philadelphia Flyers,
- Philadelphia Phillies,
- Philadelphia 76ers,
- Philadelphia Parks & Recreation,
- Salamander Hotels & Resorts,
- Saxbys and
- Visit Philadelphia.