Event Leadership Certificate (Undergraduate)
Gain a better understanding of the special events landscape with the Undergraduate Certificate in Event Leadership in the School of Sport, Tourism and Hospitality Management at Temple University. Broaden your marketable skills in event leadership management, planning and strategy, and explore careers in managing or directing events. This undergraduate certificate program is open only to non-Sport and Recreation Management students.
The curriculum emphasizes an in-depth analysis of the global events industry, as well as all facets of event leadership, including
- conception and preproduction, and
- on-site logistics management.
You’ll also learn about fundraising in the field, including alternative revenue sources such as ancillary income and sponsorships.
Classes & Curriculum
The Event Leadership Undergraduate Certificate is comprised of four core courses, which are
- Event Operations;
- Foundations of Event Leadership;
- Meetings, Conference and Convention Management; and
- Sponsorship, Fundraising and Ancillary Revenue Sources in Event Leadership.