Bachelor of Science in Early Childhood Education
Learn how to help children in pre-kindergarten through fourth grade develop the academic skills and habits that support a lifetime of learning. Earn the Bachelor of Science in Education in Early Childhood Education (PreK through grade 4) and become an elementary school teacher.
Completing this degree program will equip you to
- address and prevent learning difficulties for children with special needs;
- assess student learning in a variety of ways;
- deliver effective literacy, mathematics, science and social studies instruction;
- learn best practices for both native and non-native English speakers;
- master curriculum design for all students; and
- understand child development in depth.
You start fieldwork as early as your second year. Field experiences require you to observe effective, engaging classroom management firsthand. You will practice instructing individuals, small groups and the entire classroom. Learn more about fieldwork.
Finish your program by completing a semester of student teaching under the guidance of a cooperating teacher and the supervision of Temple faculty.