Summary of Requirements
The degree of Bachelor of Arts may be conferred upon a student majoring in Communication and Social Influence by the recommendation of the faculty and upon satisfactory completion of a minimum of 124 semester hours of credit with a cumulative grade point average of 2.0 overall and in the major.
Students must meet:
- University requirements:
- All students are required to complete the General Education (GenEd) curriculum.
- All students must take a minimum of two writing-intensive courses in their major at Temple University.
- Lew Klein College of Media and Communication requirements, including KLN 1001.
- Minimum 45 credit hours in Communication and Social Influence.
- Maximum 59 credit hours may be taken in Communication and Social Influence courses.
- A grade of C- or higher must be attained in all required Communication and Social Influence courses.
- No more than 12 semester hours of transfer credits may be applied to Communication and Social Influence requirements.
- No more than 8 credits may be taken in Kinesiology and Dance activities courses.
Communication and Social Influence Requirements
|CSI Core Courses|
|CSI 1111||Introduction to Public Speaking||3|
|or CSI 1911||Honors Introduction to Public Speaking|
|CSI 1112||Introduction to Communication and Social Influence||3|
|CSI 2111||Argumentation and Advocacy||3|
|CSI 2112||Social Influence Inquiry||3|
|At least 4 courses in primary subject area (Civic Engagement, Conflict Communication, or Risk Communication)||12|
|At least 1 course in each of the two other subject areas||6|
|Civic Engagement Courses|
|Communication and Civic Engagement|
|The Meaningful Enjoyment of Civic Life|
|Resistance, Protests, and Social Movements (WI)|
|Rhetoric and Civic Culture|
|Communication, Attitudes, and Opinion|
|Conflict Communication Courses|
|Conflict and Communication Behavior|
|Intercultural and Cross Cultural Conflict|
|Social Activism and Community Organizing|
|Conflict and Influence: Identity, Emotion and Power|
|Multiparty Conflict Proceses: Dialogue, Facilitation and Multiparty Mediation|
|Risk Communication Courses|
|Communication and Behavior Change|
|Rhetoric of Hate and Violence|
|Risk Communication (WI)|
|Misperceptions and Misinformation|
|Rhetoric of Science|
|At least 1 culture course||3|
|Communication, Culture and Identity|
|At least 1 method course||3|
|Social Science Research Methods of Social Influence|
|Rhetorical Criticism (WI)|
|Select one of the following:||3|
|Study Away Internship|
|CSI 4111||Senior Seminar||3|
|Total Credit Hours||45|